The Strategic Financial Alliance is a new generation financial services organization that goes far beyond traditional broker-dealer, RIA, and insurance transactions to provide a strategic, open, and professional, business development platform for independent advisors and their clients. Our platform enables our advisors to offer clients a comprehensive planning approach to their entire financial lives – and one that can be most effective in helping them seek to protect, preserve, accumulate, and transfer wealth.
Our parent company, SFA Holdings, Inc., is currently seeking career professionals for opportunities in the following area:
Desktop Administrator, Information Systems and Technology
The Desktop Administrator for Information Systems and Technology will serve as a primary contact for general technical support, maintenance and training for all registered representatives and home office employees for the brokerage and RIA technology platforms.
The Desktop Administrator will be responsible for:
- Supporting Windows desktop hardware and system software in a professional office environment
- General understanding of network concepts and technology, including TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- Ability to understand enterprise antivirus, backups, security and hosted email
- Support network printers, video projectors and other office technologies
Position requires a 1-2 year of experience supporting an enterprise desktop environment, ability to build strong relationships and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, prioritize assignments and ability to work independently while providing exceptional and timely support to internal and external users. Associates Degree in Computer Science or related fields preferred but not required.
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification preferred along with familiarity with broker-dealer industry-related platforms and software including Salesforce CRM, Ethernet network technologies including switches, wireless networks and wiring.
Senior Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for analyzing complex account reconciliations to assist with the preparation of annual and monthly financial data, assist with month-end and yearly financial closings for multiple entities and analyzing account information, preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts in accordance with US GAAP acceptable standards. The position will also assist with budgeting and forecasting activities, new corporate registrations, state renewal fees, business license renewals and management of corporate domain names as well as assist with the processing of state insurance renewals, financial filings and property taxes.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, three to five years accounting and financial experience required with a proficiency in US GAAP recognized and acceptable standards, and intermediate to advanced level understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel for financial applications.
The Operations Specialist positions are the primary contact for client support, handling a variety of requests, problem resolution and other support services for advisors and their administrative staff, processing client transactions through both the Broker- Dealer and with a variety of outside vendors. Key responsibilities include:
- Review and processing of client account information as well as opening new accounts and client transfers.
- Problem research, resolutions as well as processing expedited requests with prompt advisor communication.
- Review and approval of transaction related items within the Pershing system.
- Updating broker-dealer changes internally as well as with external vendors and organizations.
- One to five years' securities and/or broker-dealer experience in the financial services industry required.
- Ability to meet the highest level of service standards in the industry; demonstrating exceptional customer service skills, both verbal and written communications.
- Critical understanding pertaining to the sense of urgency and sensitivity involved in the handling of client accounts and transactions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with imaging systems
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with Pershing platform
- FINRA Series 7 or 99 license preferred or the desire and ability to obtain
- A demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development within the industry.
SFA offers a competitive benefits and compensation package consisting of medical, dental, vision, Section 125 flexible spending account, disability, life insurance, matching 401 (k) retirement plan, stock options, discretionary annual bonus potential, as well as vacation, sick, and holiday time-off provisions.
If you are an experienced and qualified financial services professional who possesses high standards, dedication, commitment, and a passion for teamwork and success, please email cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com and reference the name of the position applying for in the Subject line of the email.