-- National Gathering of Advisors, Industry Experts and SFA Leadership Will Convene to Learn, Share Best Practices and Celebrate Eleven Years of Empowering Growth for Independent Advisors --
The Strategic Financial Alliance (SFA or "the firm"), an independent, privately owned provider of brokerage and custodial services and solutions to independent financial advisors nationwide, announced today that the firm's 11th annual national conference, bringing together independent financial advisors and industry leaders from around the country, will convene on May 3, 2015 at The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA, and will run through Thursday, May 7.
This year’s conference theme, “Together Towards Tomorrow,” reinforces the unique nature of SFA as a community of advisors who share common values, learn from one another and help each other to succeed. In total, approximately 100 independent SFA-affiliated Financial Advisors, and various product and service providers representing leading investment and wealth management solutions, top industry experts, and members of SFA’s leadership team will come together to discuss financial and economic trends and ideas, network, and share best practices.
Clive Slovin, President and CEO of SFA, commented, “This year’s annual conference marks another year of success for SFA and of our differentiated value proposition for empowering independent financial advisors. As a boutique firm, in which our advisors get to know one another, assist one another, and enjoy the close attention of the Home Office, SFA has demonstrated its distinctive place in our industry. This conference is a cornerstone event in our array of efforts to both build community and foster firm-wide learning, in order to help our affiliated independent advisors to grow and improve their businesses.”
The conference encompasses a wide range of activities, including keynote speakers, breakout learning sessions, diverse presentations, and networking opportunities. The highlights of the conference will include:
- A keynote address by well-known economist Alan Beaulieu, who will present economic insights and a look forward. Mr. Beaulieu will return to the SFA Conference in 2016 to reflect on how accurately his 2015 predictions came to fruition.
- A keynote presentation by professional development specialist Jack Wolf, who will lead a session on creative thinking and relationship management;
- Educational sessions focused on topics including best practices for everyday business, client referrals and acquisition, succession planning and enhancing the value of a practice with succession in mind, as well as sessions on advances in technology and digital media;
- Special presentations and activities for SFA’s top producers;
- A meeting of the Strategic Advisory Council, a group of experienced SFA advisors that meets regularly to provide input on the company’s strategic direction and business plans;
- A shareholders meeting for the firm’s parent company – held during the conference because many advisors are also shareholders;
- Outdoor excursions geared for advisors and their spouses.